OR31 smoke detectors are suitable for all fire dampers and smoke protection dampers in buildings. The smoke detector causes fire and smoke dampers to close upon:
- Detection of smoke in a ventilation duct
- Power failure
- Failure of the smoke detector (wire breakage, missing smoke detector, short circuit)
- Smoke detector system fault
- Exceeding the maximum degree of contamination of the smoke detector
- Manual release via control panel, if available
Associated fans can also be shut down. In this way, the transfer of (cold) smoke to other fire areas via ventilation ducts is prevented, in order to comply with building regulatory requirements. The smoke detector comes as standard with contamination tracking and a contamination level indicator.
OR31 smoke detectors operate regardless of their installation position and the direction of the air flow. They can be installed without restrictions in the walls of ventilation ducts and in fire dampers.
- User manual OR31 smoke detector, 5.10(2015-08) (DE)
- Operating manual OR31 smoke detector(2010-10) (DE)
- Certificate of compliance OR31/OR32, Reg.-Nr. 32015(2016-12) (DE)
- Technical approval OR31/OR32 smoke detector, Z-78.6-123(2016-09) (DE)