TS18 “TopSchott” fire protection elements are maintenance-free shut-off devices that prevent fire from spreading in ventilation ducts. They have General Building Approval for use in ventilation systems as defined by DIN 18017-3 in buildings of all types and use, including residential buildings. TS18 “TopSchott” fire protection elements are available in nominal diameters from 80 mm to 200 mm.
Bathrooms, rest rooms, kitchens (excluding commercial kitchens) on all floors, including basements, can all be connected to the supply air and exhaust air ventilation systems. The General Building Approval Z41.3-556 now also allows the connection of flat storage rooms to exhaust air and supply air ventilation systems. Furthermore, two horizontal up to 6 m long distortions within one utilisation unit are approved at an installation in main ducts made of sheet steel, if the TS18 “TopSchott” fire protection elements are installed in the storey ceiling.
The devices consist of a metal casing with enclosed shut-off elements with no joints or hinges and a tubular, thermal release mechanism. All metal parts that are relevant to safety are epoxy resin powder-coated both internally and externally, thus ensuring comprehensive corrosion protection. The pressure-resistant locking device that prevents fire from spreading is made of the special intumescent building material, WINTU 9.8.
This product has been awarded the hygiene cerificate (...).
- User manual TS18 TopSchott, 5.8-2(2018-08) (DE)
- Operating manual TS18 TopSchott(2018-08) (DE)
- TS18 TopSchott - Mindestabstände(2018-06)
- Hygiene certificate TS18 TopSchott(2008-12) (DE)
- Opinion Geberit Quattro(27.03.2017) (DE)
- Certificate of compliance TS18 Z-41.3-556(12-1997) (DE)
- Certificate of compliance WINTU 9.8 Z-19.11-1253(02-2016) (DE)
- Technical approval TS18 TopSchott, Z-41.3-556(12-2015) (DE)